Our mission is to teach the Word of God’s Law and Gospel. Our goal is that all of our students will know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior within the setting of academic excellence.
In years past, the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod was able to serve the Deaf community with a Lutheran School for the Deaf in Detroit. After this school closed, there was no longer a way to access the youth in the Deaf community. This is why Ephphatha Lutheran Mission Society committed to starting St. Martin Lutheran School for the deaf in cooperation with hearing Lutheran School Emmanuel in Dearborn. Emmanuel has generously offered a room and joint activities during the day when students sign up for St. Martin. The school educates K through 8th grade students.
With growing support our hope is to have all the funds needed to keep the school running tuition free.
- Provide a bilingual ASL and English environment for grades K-8 and be an avenue for the giving of the Gospel so that each child (and family) may believe in Jesus Christ for salvation.
- Train the child in the biblical truths of Christianity as confessed by the The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
- Provide a comprehensive educational program which fosters each child’s growth in knowledge, attitude, and skills from a Christian perspective designed with the needs of deaf students in mind.
- Enhance the self-worth of each child and lead him to awareness of God’s eternal presence in his life.
- Help each child develop the talents that God has given him.
- Provide a nurturing and caring environment in which each child can work, learn, love and grow.